Trinity Baptist Church is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the American Baptist Church.
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship beliefs:
Our understanding of Baptist faith and practice is expressed by our emphasis on freedom in biblical interpretation and congregational governance, the participation of women and men in all aspects of church leadership and Christian ministry, and religious liberty for all people.
- Soul Freedom — We believe in the priesthood of all believers and affirm the freedom and responsibility of every person to relate directly to God without the imposition of creed or the control of clergy or government.
- Bible Freedom — We believe in the authority of Scripture. We believe the Bible, under the Lordship of Christ, is central to the life of the individual and the church. We affirm the freedom and right of every Christian to interpret and apply scripture under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
- Church Freedom —We believe in the autonomy of every local church. We believe Baptist churches are free, under the Lordship of Christ, to determine their membership and leadership, to order their worship and work, to ordain whomever they perceive as gifted for ministry, and to participate as they deem appropriate in the larger body of Christ.
- Religious Freedom — We believe in the freedom of religion, freedom for religion, and freedom from religion. We support the separation of church and state.
American Baptist Church beliefs:
- Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, and the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God that serves as the final written authority for living out the Christian faith.
- The local church is the fundamental unit of mission in denominational life.
- There are two ordinances: believers’ baptism and The Lord’s Supper.
- The committed individual Christian can and should approach God directly, and individual gifts of ministry should be shared.
- The church takes seriously the call to evangelism and missionary work.
- We support religious freedom and respect the expressions of faith of others.
- We acknowledge that God’s family extends beyond our local churches, and that God calls us to cooperative ministries.
- We have been called to be Christ’s witnesses for justice and wholeness within a broken society.
- We heed the biblical call to renewal and the need for a vital witness in a new millennium.
American Baptist Churches USA celebrates the racial, cultural and theological diversity witnessed within its membership.